Tuesday, August 11, 2009

postheadericon Dreams of Love


My empty heart for so long
Fearful to ever beat strong
Seeming to always fill of echoes
Of love lost and in repose.

Dreams of a wondrous lover,
In my mind’s eye do hover,
A man shining with love’s light
Loving arms to hold me tight.

Honest, trustworthy, and loyal
Make me feel as a princess royal
Gazing into his eyes
Seeing my soul therein lies.

Hearing whispers of romance
My body is in a trance
Kisses rain ever so gently
Blood pounding so intently.

Awakening with a shiver
Passion fire like a river
Dying out like the wind
My heart empty, once again.

© Karen ~Georgia Angel
2007

from the archives




Add to Technorati Favorites



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this poem..great post:)very romantic and something that every woman hopes for:)

Louise said...

That's a very beautiful poem. I'm so happy I discovered your site.

Jabulani said...

Beautiful imagery in this poem. Thank you :)

My Poetry

Poetry by Georgia Angel
These poems/writings are my original creation. I am sharing them freely to all who may be inspired or motivated by them. I also publish these poems on my personal blog at Georgia Angel ~A Southern Aries Woman and on various public forums. You may share them with your friends in any way you like. It would be nice if you share them on a web page or other blog posts, to let me know, so that I can come by and visit your place. Please always include my copyright/signature line with the poem/writing when sharing. Thank you.

About Me

Karen ~Georgia Angel

Name: Karen ~Georgia Angel
Location: Bonaire, Georgia USA
Email: karen@ageorgiaangel.com

View my complete profile

Follow Me

Follow Me on Twitter

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels

My Friends

Super Mommy to the Rescue
Wife and Mom of 3


Mom Knows Everything

Followers

Networked Blogs

Communities

BlogCatalog

Visits from my friends

Poetry by Georgia Angel's Fan Box

ShareThis



Stumble Me

Live Activity Feed