Sunday, August 16, 2009

postheadericon I Am Taking a Stand

Christian Icons


Today, I am tired and weary.
My head aches from every day care.
My eyes are hot and bleary.
My heart has taken all it can bear.

I pray for peace to overcome me.
I pray for my eyes to open wide.
I pray for wisdom to see.
I pray for God by my side.

I am taking a stand
To be guided by
God’s divine hand
and wipe my eyes dry.

My hands uplifted high
Thankful and in praise
God’s mercy on me is nigh
Glory to God to the end of my days.

© 6/22/09 Karen ~Georgia Angel




Psalm 6:1-10 (NIV)

1O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger
or discipline me in your wrath.

2 Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint;
O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.

3 My soul is in anguish.
How long, O LORD, how long?

4 Turn, O LORD, and deliver me;
save me because of your unfailing love.

5 No one remembers you when he is dead.
Who praises you from the grave?

6 I am worn out from groaning;
all night long I flood my bed with weeping
and drench my couch with tears.

7 My eyes grow weak with sorrow;
they fail because of all my foes.

8 Away from me, all you who do evil,
for the LORD has heard my weeping.

9 The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer.

10 All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed;
they will turn back in sudden disgrace.

Isaiah 55:8-11 (NIV)

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD.

9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Hebrews 4:14-16 (NIV)

14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. 16Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

from the archives




Add to Technorati Favorites



1 comments:

Louise said...

I am so happy I stopped by today. Your poem is very timely for me right now.

My Poetry

Poetry by Georgia Angel
These poems/writings are my original creation. I am sharing them freely to all who may be inspired or motivated by them. I also publish these poems on my personal blog at Georgia Angel ~A Southern Aries Woman and on various public forums. You may share them with your friends in any way you like. It would be nice if you share them on a web page or other blog posts, to let me know, so that I can come by and visit your place. Please always include my copyright/signature line with the poem/writing when sharing. Thank you.

About Me

Karen ~Georgia Angel

Name: Karen ~Georgia Angel
Location: Bonaire, Georgia USA
Email: karen@ageorgiaangel.com

View my complete profile

Follow Me

Follow Me on Twitter

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels

My Friends

Super Mommy to the Rescue
Wife and Mom of 3


Mom Knows Everything

Followers

Networked Blogs

Communities

BlogCatalog

Visits from my friends

Poetry by Georgia Angel's Fan Box

ShareThis



Stumble Me

Live Activity Feed