Monday, August 10, 2009

postheadericon Promise of Love




Two lonely hearts beating out of time
When we met, your heartbeat matched mine.
In words to each other, We dared to confess,
Wonder and surprise that a true love so blessed
Has our hearts now and forever intertwined.
Our reason for living, for our souls to exist,
The promise of our future, So hard to resist.
In sunshine and in starlight, a life together,
Always in our heart, Today, tomorrow, forever.
In breathless anticipation of sealed with a kiss.
We share dreams and hopes, express joy and delight,
A lifetime between saying good morning and good night.
The language of love notes communicate honor and respect
And it brings to mind, a reason to connect
Bestowing a day of remembrance smiles and brilliant light.
Poems that have been read, the singing of words in a song,
Gives emphasis that we will always truly belong
One to another, seeing in the shining glow of our eyes
The reflection of the heavenly clouds and skies.
Another promise of a precious gift ever lifelong.
You write your vow of your life and love to me
In return, I'll share this walk with thee.
No more to dream of longing for love
Because you are the one I only think of.
With no better word to reflect on, than "we".

© Karen ~Georgia Angel
2007

from the archives




Add to Technorati Favorites



1 comments:

Lagean Ellis said...

I enjoyed this. You are very talented. I love the "old time" poetry that you can read, understand and connect with. That's how I write. Some of this "new" stuff" I've seen I just can't understand, but yours I can connect with.

Thank you!

I love reading poetry almost as much as I love writing it.

My Poetry

Poetry by Georgia Angel
These poems/writings are my original creation. I am sharing them freely to all who may be inspired or motivated by them. I also publish these poems on my personal blog at Georgia Angel ~A Southern Aries Woman and on various public forums. You may share them with your friends in any way you like. It would be nice if you share them on a web page or other blog posts, to let me know, so that I can come by and visit your place. Please always include my copyright/signature line with the poem/writing when sharing. Thank you.

About Me

Karen ~Georgia Angel

Name: Karen ~Georgia Angel
Location: Bonaire, Georgia USA
Email: karen@ageorgiaangel.com

View my complete profile

Follow Me

Follow Me on Twitter

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Labels

My Friends

Super Mommy to the Rescue
Wife and Mom of 3


Mom Knows Everything

Followers

Networked Blogs

Communities

BlogCatalog

Visits from my friends

Poetry by Georgia Angel's Fan Box

ShareThis



Stumble Me

Live Activity Feed